The EAAS newsletter, American Studies in Europe, was published in a paper version until 1999. Since then, it has appeared twice a year as an e-journal.
Beginning with issue #65, the website has served as the regularly renewed news hub of the Association, and the Newsletter no longer duplicates information that can be found more easily on the EAAS website and is regularly updated by the webmaster (look for the updating date at the bottom of the page).
- The minutes of the board meetings are now accessible from our "About EAAS" menu.
- There is a page for each member association or cluster of national associations that lists its website, its officers and reports of recent activity as provided under their responsabilty. Various European networks of American Studies have pages in our "EAAS Networks" section and can also have their reports of activities posted there.
- Grants are advertised on the EAAS Grants page. Postgraduate travel grant reports are at the bottom of the EAAS Grants page.
- The EAAS site also has a section to advertise new publications in English by members of the EAAS member associations.
- Miscellaneous news, such as calls for articles, annoucements of international seminars, occasionally appear in the bottom section of the front page and in this menu, which also includes partner resources.
Facebook and Twitter
Our social network accounts reflect the latest news as the webmaster becomes aware of them:
- EAAS on Facebook ; no need to be a member to see the page; 1,000 "friends" to date.
- The EAAS twitter account is @eaas_eu . 800 subscribers today. This is the best way to learn about the latest CFP and other changes on the site. A ticker of the latest tweets appears automatically at the bottom right corner of all the pzges of the EAAS website. If you cannot see it in your browser, you may want to deactivate an Ad Blocker for this site, or try another browser.
Updated October 1, 2016.