EAAS POSTGRADUATE CONFERENCE GRANT
The European Association for American Studies announces the call for the Postgraduate Conference Grant for the EAAS Biannual conference “1924 – 2024: The American Immigrant Narrative Revisited” which will be held in Munich, April 4-6, 2024.
More about the conference can be found here: https://www.amerikahaus.de/en/bavarian-american-academy/eaas2024
Postgraduate students in the Humanities and Social Sciences who are registered for a higher research degree at any European university and are members of an American Studies association belonging to the EAAS may apply.
The eligibility for these grants will be restricted to early career scholars and/or scholars from countries with a nominal GDP of less than 30,000 USD per capita (according to the most recent IMF list). Please review the following points before applying:
- Applications must be submitted electronically to the EAAS Vice-President, Professor Aleksandra Izgarjan (firstname.lastname@example.org), by December 15, 2023.
- Applicants must enclose the application form with the confirmation letter from the organizers stating that their abstract was accepted and that it is included in the program of the conference.
- Applicants can apply for a maximum of 300 EUR, to cover travel and/or accommodation and/or meals.
- Application forms should only be sent after receiving confirmation of acceptance onto the conference program.
- Successful applicants will be notified by January 31, 2024 and should then promptly confirm their attendance.
- Successful applicants should submit a personal receipt outlining the expenses covered by the grant to EAAS Treasurer, Professor Carmen Birkle (email@example.com), within two months of the conference travel (by June 30, 2024).